Friday, April 15, 2011

MG Sinanju: LED Mod for Mono-Eye

Well it's been sometime since I posted a WIP here but it doesn't mean I wasn't busy doing gunpla. Hehehe...
Here's my latest project - MG Sinanju - one of the best builds I've done so far.

My thoughts on the kit:
Pros:
- very sturdy
- very posable
- display worthy even ootb!
- A really intimidating looking kit.

Cons:
- Too many pieces!
- A lot of masking to do!
- A nightmare for decals!
(but very much worth the effort!!!)

Methods used:
-LED mod for the mono-eye
-Masking gold trims
-Used gold and chrome to replace the white parts
-Aluminum silver for the inner frame.
-Black then chrome for thrusters
-Used flat white before applying honda red
-Clear gloss coat after putting decals

Here's a few pics of my progress.

Primer

Flat White

Aluminum silver for internals

Honda Red

3mm Super Bright Led

Powered by two button batteries

Testing...

Looking good...



Til next post!!! Thanks for viewing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails